Thursday, March 19, 2009

The final countdown...

There are only 3 1/2 more days to get through before Sawyer is here. And we are ready to go!! I just finished putting together his diaper bag. It's loaded with all sorts of clothes and blankets for his arrival. I've been doing as much as I can around the house to get ready to bring him home. It's been kind of hard since I'm supposed to be resting as much as possible right now and can't stand for more than a few minutes at a time. By the time the night comes I'm ready to collapse and can't comfortably sleep. It hurts to walk, it hurts to sit, it hurts to lay down. I'm dealing with something called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. You can read about it here if you're interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphysis_pubis_dysfunction It's made the last month of this pregnancy very hard and I REALLY hope that I don't have to go through it again. All I can do though is keep charging on through. Luckily Chris has been able to work from home the past couple of weeks and help out with the boys. I've been taking a lot of naps and getting as much rest as possible.

I had my final doctor's appointment on Monday, complete with an ultrasound. I got to see his little face and he of course is sporting the "Date" chin like his daddy and brothers. And he is still a "he". We had a friend who was expecting a girl, give birth to a boy a few weeks ago, so I made sure that the ultrasound technician double checked the sex for me. They've estimated that his weight will be slightly over 8 pounds. I don't know how much I believe that though. This kid feels HUGE and he's still beating me up from the inside all day long!! He's a strong little guy.

I've done this surgery thing twice before, but I'm still scared out of my mind. I think I'm more nervous about the recovery process than the actual c-section. I just keep thinking of all that could go wrong. I know that's not the way to approach the situation, but that's just the kind of person that I am. I'm a constant worrier. I'm most scared of my doctor telling me that I won't be able to have more kids after this one. That's always a possibility and if that were to happen it would be devastating. But then again, God has blessed us with 3 wonderful boys, and if that's all that he wants us to have, then he'll let us know. But please just pray for us that all goes well.

Stay tuned next week for the first pictures of Sawyer. I may be in the hospital most of next week, but I'll try and have Chris bring the laptop down for me so I can upload pics and put together a blog to post. And thank you to everybody that has been there with us for this exciting time in our family's life. We are so blessed to know all of you and have you in our lives. We love you guys.

No comments: