Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My little klutz

Brandon is turning out to be just like his dad. He could trip over his own shoelace and break his arm (knock on wood). He is such a bumbly, clumsy kid.

Monday when he got home from school he was limping and said his knee hurt. I told him to just rest and he'd feel better in the morning. Well, he rested and ended up feeling worse Tuesday morning. He couldn't straighten his leg out or walk. So off we went to the emergency room. After 4 hours of waiting around and getting xrays, they came to the conclusion that he somehow sprained his knee. He of course doesn't remember hurting himself. So we have no idea how he did it. So now he's got his leg wrapped up in a splint and is hobbling around the house on crutches. He had to miss school again today, and it was field day. The best day of the year. While all of his classmates spent the day playing tug-of-war, 3-legged races, and various other games and activites, he's been here, vegging out in front of the tv all day. I feel so bad for the poor kid! Tomorrow is the last day of school and it's a half day, so I've discussed it with his teacher and she thinks that he'll do okay at school for a few hours. So he gets to go and say goodbye to his classmates for the summer. But then after that he has to go to the dentist :S

Here is a picture of my poor child. Notice also that he has a black eye. He got that when we were camping this past weekend. And then you can't see it, but he also has a skidmark bruise on his head where he ran into the wall on Sunday night. Oh and did I mention that his allergies have been under full attack the past couple of weeks. This reminds me of when he was 3 and he had a bad reaction to a spider bite that made his eye swollen almost shut for 2 days, he burned the entire surface of his palm and fingers on the inside of the oven door, and split his head open....TWICE. And all of that happened within a week and a half!!

I don't know what I'm gonna do with this kid. I'm really not looking forward to his teen years. BTW, doesn't it look like I beat the kid senseless?! You should see the looks people give me.


1 comment:

Chris said...

Poor guy :(. I wouldn't wish my affliction on anybody.