Monday, June 28, 2010

The B and Me weekend

It's been almost 2 months since Brandon and I had our little getaway trip to Portland, and I'm just now blogging about it. We were supposed to go to a Mom-and-Me Cub Scout camp, but it was full when I went to go sign up for it. So instead we decided to take our own little trip south for an overnight stay and a day long trip to the Oregon Zoo.

Right when Brandon got home from school on the Friday before Mother's Day we headed out. We stayed at the Shilo Inn by the airport and we had our very own suite! There were three tv's throughout the room including a little one in the bathroom so you could watch while you were on the can. Brandon thought it was hilarious. The pool at the hotel was open 24 hours so we headed down shortly after we checked in and Brandon had the pool all to himself. I relaxed on a deck chair and read. When he was tired of swimming we walked across the street and had a late dinner at Shari's. I let Brandon stay up as late as he wanted to watch cartoons. I think it was about 11:00 when he finally crashed out.

The next morning, after chowing down some breakfast in our room, we headed off to the zoo. I adore the Oregon Zoo. I hate to say that it's much better than any of the zoos we have up here in Washington. They had a couple of exhibits that they were working on that open this summer, so we plan on going back with the whole family. We had a lot of fun together. It was nice to get to spend some time just the two of us.

No comments: