Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mommy's little helper

When it's time to do the dishes, I first make sure Sawyer is distracted with toys so I can sneak off into the kitchen and try to unload the dishwasher. First is the bottom rack with the knives, silverware, and plates. The breakables and things that can hurt Sawyer. I unload these as fast as I can because it's only a matter of seconds until he realizes where I am. Then in he comes. Ready to help Mommy. He loves to slide the bottom rack in and out. Sometimes he gets a little crazy and pulls it completely off of the runners. He loves to climb up on the door and pull the cups and plastic utensils off of the top rack (of course under my watchful eye). Eventually his "helping" gets a little overwhelming for Mommy, and he gets put into his highchair with some snacks. I like letting him play around and help me out. My hope is that as he gets older, his love for the dishwasher will turn into a love for washing dishes! But I'm not counting on that.




No comments: