Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sawyer and his spoon

Yesterday when I was doing the dishes Sawyer kept trying to climb into the dishwasher, so I gave him a little wooden spoon to play with. He loved it. But when I was done doing the dishes I took it away from him and he threw a fit. He immediatly started crying. I would have given it back to him but it was naptime so I just put him in his crib and he went out like a light.

Later when I was making dinner he was following me around the kitchen again so I brought out his little wooden spoon for him to play with. The spoon did not leave that kids hand until it was bedtime, nearly two and a half hours later!! Everywhere he went, everything he was playing with, invovled the spoon. He was even crawling around on the floor with it clutched tight in his little fist. And when Daddy took it from him before putting him in bed, he was screaming his little head off. The spoon had little bite marks all over it and the end of the handle was all dark and soggy from where he drooled all over the wood. Kids grow attached to the craziest things. At least now we know how to distract him: bring out the spoon!


"I love my spoon....."



"It's so yummy!!"



"Get away from my spoon!"



"It's all miiiiiiiine!!"



"Quick Brandon! Get me out of here before they try and take it away again!"

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

That is so stinkin' cute!

Debbie B said...

Too funny...love your captions.