Sunday, September 13, 2009

Back to school!!

This summer really seemed to fly by. We didn't get everything done that we had planned. Not even close. But I think that with a new baby that's to be expected. The boys seemed to enjoy themselves for the most part though. This was probably the easiest summer I've had with them. They were both pretty good kids for summer break. There wasn't much whining or grounding this year. They keep each other entertained now and that gives me plenty of time to focus on the baby and household stuff.

Even though it was a pretty laid back and relaxing summer, I'm INCREDIBLY glad to be getting back to a regular routine. It's nice to wake up each morning and have a set schedule for the day. Every little moment is timed out, which would be boring for most people, but it keeps me focused.

Brandon is now in the 3rd grade (Lord give me strength!) and started last week. His teacher is new this year. We all know how much I love young fresh teachers (insert sarcastic tone here). I'm hoping this teacher and class is better than the one we had to remove him from last year. After a week he is off to a great start. He's having a hard time getting back into the homework routine, but we're keeping on him about it. He's such a grown up kid, it's incredible. My little baby is getting so big!!

Logan is starting his second year of preschool tomorrow. He is beyond excited. He's had his outfit picked out for days. Last year when he was 3 he was in the 4 year old class so this year he will again be in the 4 year old class, but all of his friends from last year have moved onto Kindergarten. He's kinda bummed out but still he's looking forward to making all new friends. And I'm looking forward to the 2 1/2 hours a day of just me and the baby. Hopefully I can get him to nap while Logan is at school 3 days a week and then I'll have some REAL quiet time. Here's to wishful thinking.

Here are some pictures of Brandon's first day, leaving and coming home from school. We always go out to greet him when he gets off of the bus the first day. Logan gets so excited when he sees the bus coming down the road.







No comments: