Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sawyer is 6 months old!!

Time has gone so fast and he's grown so big. I'm starting to forget how teeny he was. It's amazing how much they change in such a short period. Sawyer has been crawling for nearly 2 months already, but now he's doing it the traditional way, knees and hands, instead of army crawling and pulling himself everywhere. He is a pro at getting himself into a seated postion. He's even gotten up on his feet while holding onto taller objects. Pretty soon he'll be walking!

He can spend hours on the floor playing around with the boys and they are so good with him. They're having a lot more fun with him now that he gets around and sits up with them. Brandon will pick him up and carry him to different spots that they are playing so he can join in. Sawyer just sits there and plays right along, studying everything they do.

We started trying to give him solid foods about a month ago, but he wanted nothing to do with it. He would just scream if I tried to put the food into his mouth. So rather than traumatize the poor child, I just decided to put it on hold. I was afraid I was going to give him a complex or something. So we waited about a week and a half until we tried again. When we did, there were no problems at all. Since then we've slowly been adding more solids to his daily diet. He does still sometimes have his moments where he has difficulty remembering how to swallow it the right way, but it's getting easier. Oh yeah, and he has 2 little teeth coming in on the bottom.

I can honestly say that Sawyer is probably the easiest and happiest baby I've ever been around. He is so friendly and responsive with everybody he meets. He is so easy to make giggle and his smile is infectious. Everybody wants to be around him. We are so blessed to have him in our lives.

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Love you new background. I just clicking on the link to where you got it and they have TONS of cute ones. Screw Pyzam...I'm using this website from now on. I'm going to redo my blog after Monday when we find out if it's a boy or a girl.