Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Break out your broomsticks!!

It's my favorite time of the year. I adore the Fall. The smells, the colors, hot cider, warm sweaters, going to the pumpkin patch, Thanksgiving and best of all.... HALLOWEEN!!

I still have yet to figure out costumes for the boys. I'm torn between letting them each pick what they want to be, or deciding on a trio type costume for all 3 of them. We have a great costume idea for Sawyer already, but I really love the matching costumes. Whatever we decide, it had better be done quick. I hate waiting until the last minute.

Before we moved to our house, we lived in a big neighborhood in Pacific. We had the coolest house on the block at Halloween time. We always went all out with our decorations. Smoke machines, strobe lights, our entire walkway draped in spider webs, one year we even turned our garage into a little haunted house. Where we live now is a bit different though. Nobody trick-or-treats in our neighborhood. We live at the very dead end of a gravel road. Beyond us is forest. Kinda bums me out to put out tons of decorations when nobody is ever going to see them. But this year will be different. We are letting the boys have a Halloween party for their friends. I'm so excited. I've got a million ideas for decorations, food, and games. It's going to be so much fun!

So to help get everybody in the spirit of the season, the next few posts are going to be about Halloweens of the past. Some I don't have the best pictures of, but somethings better than nothing! To kick it off, the best Halloween picture of all time. I LOVE this photo. We went to a "Trunk"-or-treat thing at a local church with some friends. Logan couldn't actually have any of the candy since he was only a baby, but he knew he wanted it, and bad.

No comments: