Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just one of those nights...

At about 3:50am we had a knock on our bedroom door and a big brother yelling "Logan puked!!". So up I jump (well, as much as a pregnant lady can jump) out of bed. When I went into their room, Logan was sitting up on his bed with his little hands open, a smear of puke down his chin, crying in a pool of vomit. So I pulled him up, got him to the bathroom and into the shower. While he cleaned up in there, I took the carpet cleaner and a towel and washed his bed, threw the blankets into the washing machine, and took the dead fish out of the tank and flushed him (and no, the dead fish has nothing to do with the puking, just thought I'd throw that in). We got him all scrubbed up, teeth brushed, and now he's sitting on the couch watching Blue's Clues. Hopefully he'll feel like going back to bed before 5am, because I can barely keep my eyes open.

I asked him why he didn't get out of bed to puke in the toilet. Our boys are welled trained in running to the bathroom before they let loose. He said he wanted me to take him this time. He remarked with little droopy eyes "Mommy, didn't you hear me when I yelled for you?" I had to explain that it's a little hard to hear when I'm asleep on the other side of the house between two closed doors. Apparently his throat was itchy and it just came out. Now Brandon is saying he doesn't feel good, but I think he just wants to sit out here and watch TV with us. And of course I'm letting him. I really hope this is the end of the throwing up for now. I hate when my babies are miserable.

I want to try and include pictures with every post, so here are a couple of Logan sick in the past. My poor little guy :(
Brandon trying to make his little brother feel better. 11/05



We had to take Logan to the emergency room for breathing treatments. I ended up staying for 2 nights with him in the hospital. It was so sad. 3/06

Auntie came to visit and snuggled with Logan. He didn't like his hospital "cage" crib. 3/06

When he doesn't feel good, he can drop into a deep sleep where ever he is. This time it was watching TV with Chester. 4/07

No comments: