Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kindergarten, here he comes!!

So Logan had his first day of Kindergarten yesterday. He spent the entire summer asking me "How long until I get to go to school?" over and over again. He was beyond excited. His first day happened to fall on a late start day, so he had to wait even longer for the bus to come and that just about killed him. After eating breakfast, passing the time by playing Legos, and choosing what he wanted for lunch, it was time to get showered and ready for school. We headed out to wait for the bus and of course it had to be raining. That didn't seem to bother Logan though.
He was SO excited to be heading out to the bus.

Finally it came around the corner and he starting freaking out, "Brandon, it's the bus!! LOOK!!".

He went over and got in the bus line with the other kids and waited for the driver to stop and open the doors. The kids in front of him walked over to climb in and Logan just stood there and gave me a concerned look. I nodded and gave him the go ahead and off he went. He got on the bus and took a seat next to Brandon.
As they started to pull away and I saw his little hand wave to me, I got a little choked up. I didn't think it was going to bother me too much. After all, he was in preschool for two years before this, but I did the "mom" thing and had a little bit of my heart broken. Another one of my babies is growing up.

Sawyer and I spent the day out running errands and doing some shopping for Auntie's bridal shower. Then we came back home to get some housework done. I kept myself pretty busy and didn't worry too much about Logan being gone, and the day seemed to breeze by. When the bus returned home and the boys jumped out, Logan came sprinting toward us yelling "I had a GREAT day today!!" Hearing that put my mind at ease a little. I really hope this is a great year for both of the boys.

No comments: