Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Brickcon (better late than never)

Grandma Shellie pointed out to me as she gave us our blog book (volume 2) this year, that I haven't blogged anything of substance since October. She put it nicer than that of course, but I got the message. I don't know why I haven't been blogging at all these past few months. It's not like there's been a lack of events to talk about. Quite the opposite actually. I guess I've just been a bit pooped out. I'm here to correct that! So I'm going to do a quick update with some things that have happened since I last blogged way back in October. We're talking Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. Better late then never, right?! So here we go.

A couple of weeks before Halloween, Seattle was once again host to the 2010 Brickcon. It's a Lego Convention held every fall in the city. I heard about it last year only a few days after it already took place. So I had the information saved for nearly a year with the idea that the boys would get to go next time around.

Anybody who knows anything about our boys, knows that they are Lego fanatics. They go insane for the little plastic bricks that plague the bottom of my feet. They have thousands and thousands......and THOUSANDS of Lego pieces. I find them in the craziest of places all over the house, in the van, outside, everywhere. So they were extremely excited when we told them the were going to a Lego Convention. Chris took them along with some family friends of ours. They had so much fun. There wasn't much to do there except walk through the tables and look at all of the different creations, but that was good enough for them. People come up with some of the craziest things to make out of Legos.







No comments: